Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Almost Thanksgiving.....

 
                            Many of you have planed a feast and family get togethers ...
For many of the younger ones ... it is getting to watch the Great Thanksgiving parades.....
 
             For those of you cooking for this Holiday .... it takes time and a Lot of it.....
My Mom used to be up until 3:00am or even much later...and then get up again a few hours later to continue preparing the food.... She was exhausted by the weekend.... ( And the Thursday of Thanksgiving would sometimes fall on the same day as her Birthday...)
   as a small child we even thought that the Holiday Feast was to celebrate Mom's Birthday...
 And my Aunt Daisy... we often had our Thanksgiving meal at my Grandmother's house....
 and my Aunt would always bake two pumpkin pies...  She would tell me that one was Pumpkin ( which Stacey did not care for) and the other was a sweet potato ("yams") pie...
 So for most of my childhood we were lied to each year... (a good-natured lie though, and she was a very good cook...)
   The extra sleep seems to have helped... (brain is a bit "groggy" though)...the miseries had gotten the best of us today... We still have Not really even "dealt" with my Mom's Death... just "hurts" far too much to even think of ... a decade later .... we really miss her....

No comments:

Post a Comment