Thursday, August 20, 2015

Today is the Birthday of a Great Author....

                  
                                 And one of my Favorite since my early teens.....

                                      The Great Howard P. Lovecraft....!!!!!
           
He was born 125 years ago today.... From all of the many fans and others that your writings have inspired.... A Very Merry Birthday....
                  
                                          As his tombstone reads ..."I am Providence"...
                                                      a fun little tune and video...
                                             we will be back with more Lovecraft later...

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. His style of Horror was "unheard of " at the time... He was not given his due credit till many years after his death...

      Delete
  2. Things will have to wait a bit....
    my Brother has stopped by to go through his boxes ( and hopefully organize the a bit... they are all across my room for now)...
    ... maybe my Sister fussed at him too... thus, his reason for being "motivated" to do something about the mess..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great pictures.

    PS: Gothridge Manor is my husband's blog. He's a gamer. Me, not so much but I support him in his writing and gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article. My favourite horror writer, since I was about 12.

    Love the tune, it's from one of the the HP Lovecraft Historical Society's two carol albums, which are required listening ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love those songs... and catch ourself singing "Fishmen" quite often...

      Delete